“La Michoacana” ice pop shops originated more than 60 years ago in Tocumbo, Michoacán thanks to a homemade recipe to prepare artisan crafted ice cream.
• In 1942, the first La Michoacana ice pop shop was opened in Mexico City, next to the Palacio de Lecumberri.
• In 1959, the ice pop shops start making and selling flavored water.
• In 1960, the ice pop shops are called by different names: La Flor de Michoacán, Lindo Michoacán, Las Delicias de Michoacán, La Fuente, and of course La Michoacana.
• In 1990, based on an academic project created in ITESO University by Alejandro Andrade and two classmates, the project that would position the symbolic doll or Tarascan girl was born.
• In 2006, Alejandro Andrade sends to Chicago, USA the first modernized ice pop machine, POP CREAM.
• In 2016, “MICHOACAN A PEDIR DE BOCA” is born as a new project. In addition, a comprehensive system is created, along with a business model, and the identity’s protection of the brand throughout the Americas and Europe.
La Michoacana, history of Tocumbo's ice pop makers
The Arizona Republic
CONTACT IN “MICHOACÁN A PEDIR DE BOCA” WE WANT TO HEAR YOU
Para MÉXICO desde $485,000 pesos
Para USA desde $27,000 dólares
Your own business
You’re still on time to create a patrimony for your family
and build a great legacy. Our packages include everything you need
to start operating in an ideal way your own ice pop shop.
Sales USA: +1 68 2433 1171
Sales México: 33 1347 1682